Sunday, October 5, 2008

Odds n' Ends

It's been a little bit since I updated this blog thingy. Here's a little insight into what Madisyn's been up to as of late.

It was Mommy's birthday a couple of weeks ago. Don't really know what the deal is with Madisyn's 'smile.' Must have something to do with knowing that it's mom's last birthday celebration in the 20's.


Bon Voyage!
We had a little going away party for Aunt Sarah as she moves out to Cincy! Good Luck and we'll miss ya. Keep in touch!



New Diggs


Well not really new....just updated I guess. It was about a month ago we decided to move Madisyn up from her crib to her 'big girl bed.' So far so good. We did have one little incident, but it was nothing a little help from Marc and I couldn't fix with a little ingenuity at work. (We had to make a rail for the bottom of the bed. I think it turned out even better than the one we bought)



What's This?

A. An 18 volt battery
B. Useless (becasue Dad didn't put it back in the charger
C. A Boat
D. All of the above


If you answered D. You're correct. I'm constantly amazed at how smart these little kids are. They honestly just crack me up with how creative they can be. Some of you may have read about Noah's little hair dryer story. If not....you should...it's absolutely hilarious. It wasn't nearly as funny, but we had a similar little expierience the other night. I was in our room putting up a new ceiling fan and had the recharable flashlight up there, along with the battery that I had died because I didn't put it in the charger. When I finished up and turned the power back on, Mom and Madisyn came up to inspect my work. It was then Madisyn made us laugh as we saw her over on the floor with the battery, sliding it across the floor, saying "BOAT" "BOAT." It was pretty funny...and you know what...it does look awfully similar. Funny stuff.


In another funny little story. The other day Madisyn was rummaging thru my bedside table as she does pretty regularly does. I looked over and saw she pulled out my ipod headphones. The next part is what really amazed me....she was actually trying to put the earbuds into her ears. I guess I'll have to find out what she wants on her playlist.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the first pic of Amie and the silly face on Madisyn!

The room looks great. Can't wait to see it in person.

Oh, and the boat story... kids are so funny. Way to be creative, Madisyn!